Apple Cinnamon Doughnut Holes from the *3rd International Symposium*

Hello from The Charlie Foundation’s  Third International Symposium: Dietary Therapy for Epilepsy & Other Neurological Disorders!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast, Charlie Foundation Approved, Dessert, Fun Food, Snacks

13 Comments on “Apple Cinnamon Doughnut Holes from the *3rd International Symposium*”

1. Jordan
    May 7, 2013 at 8:46 pm #

Can these be done lke a muffin in the oven?? Dont have a doughnut hole maker. Thanks,Jordan(Sawyer)

• May 23, 2013 at 4:13 pm #

Absolutely. Generally, muffins take about 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Thats just a guideline, you may have to experiment a little!

• Monica Takata
        June 26, 2013 at 8:45 am #

Where on the keto calculator is pumpkin spice?

• June 29, 2013 at 4:50 pm #

It is currently not in the ketocalc. You are able to use a “pinch for free” otherwise, calculate cinnamon for a more precise calculation. I will work on getting pumpkin pie spice added to the keto calc!

2. Angela
    November 9, 2012 at 12:53 am #

We are on MAD. Could you add the Carb amounts to your recipies if you know them?
    Thanks 🙂

3. Rebecca London
    October 15, 2012 at 5:14 pm #

I am a (newly turned) 50 year old woman and I have been on the ‘Modified Atkins Diet’ for a year now and I’m happy to say I’ve only had one seizure, woohoo!! I am also so happy to find so many new recipes on this website.

Being an adult on the MAD diet I do not have to weigh my ingredients to the gram, which I’m very thankful for, but I think I just might invest in a scale to help me in making some of these great recipes. I find myself getting in a rut making the same things so it’s nice to find SO MANY great recipes. Thank you so much to all of the contributors here♥

• October 15, 2012 at 5:19 pm #

You are welcome! I try to measure MAD recipes in common measurements, but having been trained the “keto” way, I find it very hard for me to do accurately! You can find cheep scales in stores (I have often seen gram scales in Kohl’s for some reason) I am glad you are finding success with the diet! Best of luck to you.

4. Candice Kroeker
    September 24, 2012 at 2:49 am #

Also, do I just leave the vanilla bean in the oil or take it out after the 24 hrs? Thank you

• September 24, 2012 at 3:07 am #

You can remove it after the flavor has steeped. It will not take even that long!

5. Candice Kroeker
    September 23, 2012 at 6:22 pm #

Should I do a whole vanilla bean sliced open in a 14 oz jar of coconut oil? I am confused on how coconut oil to let steep

• September 23, 2012 at 7:22 pm #

Yes, put one vanilla bean in a jar of melted oil. It is ok if it rehardens. It smells and tastes wonderful!

6. September 23, 2012 at 12:25 am #

What do you think I could take out or add in to lower ratio but not change the consistency too much…..also I have a donut maker how full should I fill if using that instead of cake pop maker?

• September 23, 2012 at 9:31 pm #

I would eliminate some of the fat and increase the applesauce. Fill the doughnut maker almost to the top of the mold as well. I hope they turn out!