Update 2/18/19: Welcome to KetoCook! I have been developing ketogenic recipes since 2010 for my daughter who successfully manages Dravet’s Syndrome (epilepsy) with the ketogenic diet. You will find most of the recipes on this site make 1 serving. This is because her version of the ketogenic diet is so strict, nutritional requirements are met to the gram using a software program called the KetoDietCalculator. Please feel free to multiply the recipe quantities to make larger servings. I am also in the process of adding standard measurements to many of the recipes, but this takes time! You can find many more recent keto recipes I have developed at the Charlie Foundation. It has been one of the biggest honors of my life to work with Jim Abrahams and continue the mission of the Charlie Foundation by developing and photographing recipes, writing eBooks and managing their social media outlets. I also consult with Cambrooke Therapeutics on their KetoVie Cafe line of prepared ketogenic foods available by mail. I hope you find this site useful on your keto journey!
I have been making these for MONTHS, trying to perfect them. I just could not get past the grittiness of almond flour in pancakes! I’m convinced, the only way around this is to buy blanched almonds (ones with no brown skin) and grind them into butter. NOT almond flour, it has to be butter. Almond butter from a jar does not taste as mild as the blanched almonds. So make a large batch of blanched almond (butter) and keep it in the fridge. I also really love the combination of lemon juice, almond extract and Walden Farms Blueberry Syrup. Let me know what you think!
Makes 1 Serving – Macros for entire batch
- Fat: 33 grams
- Protein: 15 grams
- Net Carbs: 6 grams
- Calories: 387
- Ketogenic Ratio: 1.52:1
- 10g (about 1 tablespoon) butter
- 54g (1 large) raw egg, mixed well
- 10g (2 teaspoons) fresh lemon juice
- 5g (1 teaspoon) almond extract
- 40g (About 2-3 tablespoons) blanched almonds that have been ground into butter (use almond flour to calculate this if using the KetoDietCalculator)
- 2g (a pinch) baking powder
- 2g (a pinch) baking soda
- Use keto friendly syrup of your choice (or none at all), I recommend Walden Farms Blueberry Syrup
- Melt the butter in a small microwave safe bowl. Add the egg, lemon juice and extract to the melted butter and stir to combine.
- Next, add the balanced almonds that have been ground into a smooth butter, baking powder, baking soda and stir until everything is evenly distributed.
- Lightly oil on a non stick flat griddle. The heat should be medium high. Pour the batter in to small 3-inch pancakes. Cook until you see bubbles forming on the tops and the edges look dry. Flip to cook the other side.
- If your pancake batter keeps spreading on the griddle and the edges are paper-thin, the heat is too low and they will never be fluffy! The batter should “round” and puff up around the edges almost immediately when you pour the batter onto the griddle.
If you like this recipe, you’ll love my Cauliflower & Cheddar Hash Browns!
- Follow me on Instagram for keto food inspiration! I post what we eat almost everyday 🙂 @KetoCook.Dawn
- I’ll be speaking about “fostering independence for children on ketogenic therapies” at the GLUT 1 Conference in Washington DC.
- In June, I’m at KetoCon in Austin, TX. Visit me at the Charlie Foundation booth.
- You can find more of my keto recipes at the Charlie Foundation.