Snickerdoodles

These are always a classic! The cinnamon and coconut flour add a fair amount of natural sweetness, so you may be able to eliminate added sweeteners if needed or if your child does not like sweet foods.

6.17 protein

3.39 carbohydrates

297 calories

3.01:1 ratio

snickerdoodles

22g butter, room temperature

19g almond flour, I am using Bob’s red Mill

3g coconut flour, Bob’s Red Mill

11.5g raw egg, mixed well

0.5g baking powder

0.5g baking soda

1g cinnamon

Your choice of sweetener

**Please Read Our Disclaimer First**

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.

Mix together all of the ingredients except the cinnamon.  Make sure there are no lumps remaining from the coconut and almond flours.

If you used melted butter or your dough is too soft to roll, place it in the freezer for 5 minutes so it can firm back up.

Weigh the cinnamon and place it in a pile on a pice of parchment paper large enough to bake the cookies on.

Roll the cookie dough into small balls, about the size of a quarter.  Place each ball on the cinnamon and use the parchment paper edges to roll the dough in the cinnamon. Repeat for all of the rolled balls.

Spread them apart on the parchment paper and slightly flatten each cookie.  They will not spread much at all, so shape them as much as you want before baking.

Bake for about 7-10 minutes until they are cooked through.

Tags: , , , , ,

Categories: Dessert, Fun Food, Snacks

10 Comments on “Snickerdoodles”

1. Bridgett
    July 22, 2013 at 1:08 am #

Jude’s favorite treat! Just made more to take camping this week 🙂 thank you for sharing your delicious recipes!!

2. Jordan
    April 2, 2013 at 6:05 pm #

I have been trying to play with these and am not getting it to turn out right.My son is on 2.25:1 ratio and his snack is 200 cal. I have tryed to make the batch bigger and smaller.Do you have any ideas how to lower ratio and keep in our cal. Thanks,
    Jordan(Sawyer)

3. Stacy
    March 10, 2013 at 7:54 am #

Can you please tell me what the grams convert to in traditional measurements? I haven’t gotten that part down : ) Thanks, so much!

• April 12, 2013 at 5:32 pm #

I am sorry, but I can not. I will be doing this for future MAD recipes, but I also find it very difficult to measure and weigh at the same time! Often, gram weights convert to odd common measurements and would make a higher ratio recipe such as this one highly inaccurate. You can google weight conversions for ingredients, however.. I would use extreme caution if you do so, the conversions have many variables that are not account for!

4. January 10, 2013 at 8:05 pm #

Sounds great. Going to try them tonight as I was looking for something like this. Thanks.

5. Nancy
    December 24, 2012 at 1:45 am #

Is the whole recipe 3.39 carbs?

• December 24, 2012 at 2:04 am #

YES! The nutritional information is for the entire recipe.

6. brekkenc
    December 15, 2012 at 5:46 pm #

Oh. My. Goodness. Can’t wait! I’ll rely on your ingenuity this holiday season!

7. brekkenc
    December 14, 2012 at 11:53 pm #

This is a fabulous recipe. I made it for Nora today, and batch #2 is on the way already! I increased the butter a bit (25 g using european style butter) to get a 3.5:1 ratio. I also used our new cookie press to make pretty shapes then sprinkled the cinnamon on top before baking. I’ll take a picture of batch #2.

I also made the same recipe for the rest of the family, with a bit less butter and a few tablespoons of sugar. They have already disappeared. Love!

Thanks again Dawn!

• December 15, 2012 at 4:33 am #

So glad you like them! My family eats these as soon as I make them as well… Stay tuned, I have a mini gingerbread house on the way!