Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars

Here is a great fall treat! There is a good serving of pumpkin in these, making it a good way to incorporate a healthy vegetable into a small snack.  I actually forgot to add the stevia to these when I made them, BUT they still tasted very good.  The pumpkin has natural sweetness and so does the pie spice.  If you want them a little more dessert like, make sure you add the stevia.

I cooked the mini cheesecakes in a large size fall theme silicone mold.  They were too hard to remove after taking them out of the oven, so I put the entire mold into the freezer and froze them solid so I could pop them out without breaking.  If you don’t have a mold, just cook them in mini ramekins.

Makes (2) 150 calorie snacks

3:1 ratio

22g raw egg, mixed well

16g macadamia nuts, ground smooth into butter

10g coconut oil, melted

50g pumpkin puree, canned

17g cream cheese, room temperature, I used Organic Valley

stevia

pumpkin pie spice

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.

Mix 11g of the egg, 5g of the coconut oil and the macadamia nuts together until completely combined.  Sweeten the crust if you feel the need to hid some of the macadamia nut flavor.  Divide the mixture in half and pour into the bottom of a silicone mold or ramekins.

Mix the remaining egg and coconut oil with the pumpkin puree, cream cheese, stevia and pie spice.  Make sure all of the lumps from the cream cheese have been incorporated.

Pour half of the mixture on top of each macadamia crust.  Bake for about 15 minutes or until the edges begin to pull away from the sides of the mold.

Notes

You can skip the separate crust step and mix all of the ingredients together if preferred.

Pecans would be a great substitute for the macadamia nuts.

Tags: , , , , , ,

Categories: Dessert, Snacks

10 Comments on “Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars”

1. Kristin Pieters
    October 16, 2013 at 8:43 pm #

Does anyone have this recipe with standard measurements? I’d ideally like to make a bunch, not just 2. Please help!!

2. September 26, 2013 at 6:29 pm #

Thanks so much for this! I just now attempted it, for my daughter who is on the MAD diet right now. However, I used ramekins, and they are the really small ones. I chose them based on your picture of your cute lil punk in molds. It took mine an ADDITIONAL 18 minutes to set up, so perhaps I used the wrong size? Also, I sprayed the ramekins with oil to try to prevent the sticking problem you had. I can’t wait to try them though – they are really cute, and will probably be great with a scoop of whipped cream!

3. September 26, 2013 at 6:26 pm #

I am just trying this now for my daughter who’s on the MAD, close to weaning off actually. My learning curve has been sloooooow! Anyhow, I didn’t know what size ramekin you used. I used 2 of the very small ones, based on your picture of the pumpkin molds you used (and boy are yours cute!) but mine just seem to be struggling to set up. I sprayed the ramekins with oil, too, to try to prevent sticking since you indicated you’d had trouble. Anyhoo, I just took them out and think they may be ok, but it too an additional 18 minutes! I’ll post back after e get to taste them. Am thinking whip cream would be excellent on them…..

• December 10, 2013 at 6:43 am #

This could be because the silicone molds are much thinner than ceramic ramekins. How did they turn out?

4. E
    March 29, 2013 at 6:09 pm #

I’d love to make these but I’ve got a few questions.
    How much Stevia? Can I use Splenda instead? How much Pumpkin Pie Spice?

• April 2, 2013 at 4:51 pm #

I use Truvia and one packet (about 3.5g) is enough for us. I have no suggestions for Splenda though, we never use it! If you are already using Splenda with no problem, it would work fine to sweeten it. For the pumpkin pie spice, we use about 0.5g.

5. brekkenc
    October 27, 2012 at 11:39 pm #

SO GOOD! I made these today for Nora and I had to try one too. Now I’m making pumpkin pie for the rest of the family. No reason for Nora to have all of the treats!

• October 31, 2012 at 6:25 pm #

Glad Nora liked them! Charlotte loves these too 🙂

6. Julie
    October 7, 2012 at 2:42 pm #

Have been looking for a fall snack with pumpkin in it – thanks!!! You guys are the best!

7. October 3, 2012 at 9:51 pm #