Spinach Bites

You can find the complete recipe at The Charlie Foundation’s ketogenic diet recipe section.

This is the tastiest way to serve spinach that I have found yet… No one in my house is a spinach lover and these were gobbled right up, even by my non-keto 5-year-old boy (and me too)!  I served these with Walden Farms Ranch dressing.  I did not include it in the calculation since some people can not tolerate it.  Make sure you calculate it in if you would like a dipping sauce.  They were equally delicious on their own though!

Use the comment section below to share how you modified the recipe to fit your needs!

So head on over to the Charlie Foundation to get this recipe and many more.  Don’t forget to follow The Charlie Foundation on Facebook andTwitter for up to the minute information!

The Charlie Foundation’s ketogenic diet recipe page

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Charlie Foundation Approved, Dinner, Lunch

6 Comments on “Spinach Bites”

1. Gemma
    November 18, 2012 at 8:00 pm #

Question about draining the water out of the spinach..are you squeezing out the excess to to make it dry or just draining it through a colander/sieve? The weight changes a lot when you squeeze out the water, but a lot of the water/juice from the spinach cooks out and doesnt reabsorb if you don’t. Please explain.

• November 19, 2012 at 9:12 pm #

Hi, The way the spinach is calculated in the ketocalulator is: cooked, then drained. This means let the excess water drain off, but don’t squeeze it. For the recipe, weigh the spinach like I just described, then squeeze off the extra liquid to make it very dry. Does this make sense?? If you are still unsure, ask again!

• gemma
        November 20, 2012 at 3:13 am #

That’s what made sense to me. My son loves these. Just a note when increasing to 4:1 ratio…I tried just increasing oil/butter, but too much seeped out…I increased the ratio by grinding macadamia nuts into a butter instead. Adds a nice crunchy texture.

• November 20, 2012 at 3:55 am #

Thanks so much for sharing the 4:1 info… Hope they went over well!

2. May 7, 2012 at 9:06 pm #

Any reason for the almond flour? Would love to try this but my kiddies are allergic to nuts 🙂 Otherwise, looks yummy!
    anne

• May 7, 2012 at 9:17 pm #

Almond flour contributes to the protein, you could try upping the egg white and using coconut flour instead. 3 grams should do the job, let me know if you try it, I’ll post it under the notes as a modification.