Makes About 15 Mini Macarons – Macros for entire batch
- Fat: 33 grams
- Protein: 10 grams
- Net Carbs: 7 grams
- Calories: 367
- Ketogenic Ratio: 2:1
The Macaron Shells
- 35 grams (1 egg) egg white.
- 2 packets Truvia (more if you would like)
- 3 tablespoons (21 grams) almond flour
- Pink food coloring, 2 drops
- 1/8t strawberry flavor (Bickford) or any extract you prefer (food coloring & strawberry flavor can be skipped if it doesn’t work with your diet)
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk egg whites to firm peaks adding the Truvia slowly. Add flavor and color if you’re using them.
- Fold the almond flour into the egg whites.
- Pour the batter into a piping bag with a plain nozzle about 1cm in size. Pipe out round sizes (3/4 in – 1 in) holding the nozzle close to the paper.
- Using wet fingers, pat the tops to flatten any points. Let the unbaked macaron’s rest for 30 min – 1 hour to set.
- Bake on center rack for about 9 minutes (Depends on the oven. Test for doneness by carefully shaking one. It should not be wobbly).
- Allow them to cool on the baking sheet completely before moving.
- 1/2 tablespoon (7.5g) heavy cream
- 14 grams low-carb chocolate, chopped (Lily’s would be perfect – use 5 rectangles or 1 row)
- 1 heaping tablespoon (17 grams) butter, softened at room temperature
- Heat the cream in a small sauce pan (remove from heat before boiling).
- Add the chocolate pieces and butter and mix well until it is well combined and the chocolate pieces are completely melted.
- Allow the ganache to cool and thicken to thick syrup consistency (you can place it in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes to speed up the process).
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of ganache on each macaron then sandwich 2 together.
- Keep them in the refrigerator or freezer.
[…] Recipe and image from ketocook.com […]