Amp up the nutrition of keto hot chocolate by using cacao powder and a delicious combination of heavy cream and coconut milk. Cacao powder is slightly different than traditional cocoa powder. It is a healthier option since it is less processed, retains its natural fiber content, and is loaded with antioxidants. The addition of coconut milk adds natural sweetness, so you may find it completely unnecessary to add additional sweetener. Any low carb sweetener will work if you choose to use some, just add it along with the cacao powder. If you need to reduce the carbohydrate, use full fat, unsweetened coconut milk in place of the heavy cream. Of course this would be great for those who prefer dairy free options as well!
Keto Hot Chocolate Shopping list
- Fat: 35 grams
- Protein: 3 grams
- Net Carbs: 4 grams
- Ratio 4.6:1
Keto Hot Chocolate
- 1/2 tbsp (7 grams) cacao powder Sunfood
- 1/4 cup (60 grams) 36% heavy cream
- 1/4 cup (60 grams) coconut milk Aroy-D
- sweetener if desired
- First, add the heavy cream and coconut milk to your serving mug. Fill the mug almost to the top with water, this will ensure you have a full mug of hot chocolate. If you dont add water, this will be very thick, like a drinking chocolate.
- Next, combine all ingredients including the heavy cream and water in a small pot. Heat over medium low heat until cacao powder is dissolved and the hot chocolate is hot. Use a whisk or mini beverage mixer to vigorously stir the contents together.
- Pour the finished keto hot chocolate back into the mug and serve immedietly.