Cacao Powder is slightly different than traditional cocoa powder. It is a healthier option since it is less processed, retains it’s natural fiber content and is loaded with antioxidents. Please adjust the sweetener to your taste. To make a higher ratio hot chocolate, simply use more heavy cream and less water. You can also reduce the carbohydrate by using full fat, unsweetened coconut milk in place of the heavy cream, of course this would be great for those who prefer dairy free options as well!
7 grams (1/2 tablespoon) Cacao Powder, Navitus Naturals
41 grams (3 tablespoons) 36% heavy cream
3 grams (about 1 packet) Truvia
Tiny pinch of salt
- First, add the heavy cream to your serving mug. Fill the mug almost to the top with water, this will ensure you have a full mug of hot chocolate.
- Next, combine all ingredients including the heavy cream and water in a small pot. Heat over medium low heat until cacao powder is dissolved and the hot chocolate is hot. Use a whisk to vigorously stir the contents together.
- Pour the mixture back into the mug and serve immedietly.
- Follow me on Instagram for keto food inspiration! I post what we eat almost everyday 🙂 @KetoCook.Dawn
- I’ll be speaking about “fostering independence for children on ketogenic therapies” at the GLUT 1 Conference in Washington DC.
- In June, I’m at KetoCon in Austin, TX. Visit me at the Charlie Foundation booth.
- You can find more of my keto recipes at the Charlie Foundation.