coconut cutout cookies

these cookies are great for  making any shape cookies… nut-free, so perfect for school treats!

1/4C (28g) coconut flour
1/4t (0.3g) baking soda
1/16t (0.3g) sea salt
2T (28g) butter
1T (14g) coconut oil
2T (27g) Truvia
1/2 (25g) egg
1/4t (2g) vanilla extract

Mix coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.  set aside.
Using a mixer, mix butter, coconut oil, Truvia, egg, and vanilla extract.  Mix in the flour mixture.  Blend well.
Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30minutes, or until easy to handle.
Place the dough in-between two sheets of parchment papers.  Roll out the dough to 1/4inch thickness.
Cut out to desired shapes.
Bake at 325 for about 5-6 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
Let the cookies cool completely as they will harden as they cool.

Notes

Ratio 2.5:1
You can save the dough for later use (i have only tried 3-4 days) by storing in a ziploc bag, after wrapping well with a plastic wrap.
You can increase the coconut oil to for better ratio

Tags: , , ,

Categories: Birthdays, Dessert, Fun Food, School, Snacks

Author:Tiffany

Tiffany started making keto meals for her daughter Clara in 2010, after Clara’s diagnosis with Infantile Spasm. While tough at times, managing between the strict requirements of the diet, Clara’s very sophisticated sense of taste, an older daughter whose overwhelming enthusiasm to help is only rivaled by her ability to make a much bigger mess in the process, and a dog who is determined to eat Clara’s leftovers to the detriment of her own waistline, Tiffany is grateful that her hands are being used to heal Clara. Tiffany hopes this website would be especially helpful to those working or single moms who do not have the time to design and try out new meals. Bon appetit to all the keto kids in the world!

15 Comments on “coconut cutout cookies”

1. looseal
    November 11, 2013 at 3:41 pm #

Excellent taste. Instead of cooling, rolling and cutting out shapes. I rolled the dough into a log and sliced the cookies; no need to cool before baking. Next time I will used my cheese slicer to make more even thickness cookies. Great recipe.

2. Catherine
    June 17, 2013 at 1:04 am #

Hi Tiffany,
    Do you know the carb content in this recipe?
    Regards Catherine.

• June 17, 2013 at 2:05 am #

The whole recipe has 7.64g of carb. please re-do the calculation yourself with the ingredients you are using. hope this helps!

3. December 14, 2012 at 3:29 am #

If we don’t use Truvia (no sweeteners), would we need to replace it with something. Not for the sweetener factor, but for the bulk or whatever? (Yea, I’m not baking-saavy!) Thanks!

• December 14, 2012 at 3:41 am #

No recipes will ever rely on a sweetener to make it “work”. The sweetener does not contribute any “bulk”, binding or similar qualities for ALL recipes listed on this site! Feel free to use anything you want for a sweetener. If you happen to be a lower ratio, applesauce is a great addition for added sweetness. Coconut milk is also helpful for higher ratios. If you do modify the recipe with no added sweetener, please share what you did, other families will really appreciate it!

4. Kristine
    October 11, 2012 at 3:49 am #

My son has been on the ketogenic diet now for almost five years. He is allergic to dairy,egg and peanut. We have some great recipes that I would love to share on your sight. It might be nice to include them to encourage others with allergies that Keto can be done and be successful. Max has not had a seizure in almost four years because of the diet. Please consider this. Thank you!

• October 11, 2012 at 4:02 am #

Of course! Please e-mail me at ketocookmail@ gmail.com and we can talk specifics. We appreciate all the help and input we can get!

• October 13, 2012 at 8:50 pm #

I would love to see your recipes, my son Caspian is dairy and gluten free, and I scoured the web looking for recipes, and found about 3. Please send them through, I am still at the beginning of it all.( my other son is Max).

• Joanna
      October 24, 2012 at 12:17 am #

Please share the dairy free version as well. We just started Modified Atkins for my son who cannot have gluten, dairy, soy, corn and nightshade. I can’t find any recipes without using butter or whipped cream or cream cheese or anything dairy. Please do share your recipe or website. Thank you so much.

5. Jennifer Lamson
    October 1, 2012 at 6:41 pm #

This recipe was so easy to make and my daughter Peyton loved them! They baked up like regular cookies!! Assembled dough over the weekend and baked off last night. (Peyton taste tested them when I ran out to get the newspapers from the drive before making her breakfast…big treat and she couldn’t wait!)

My question is what size is a serving for a snack? Perfect to pack up and send to school. I also had the idea that this dough would be fun to color as decorative sprinkles, which our kids love so much, are not part of the Keto diet. Assuming food coloring would be keto friendly? Thoughts?

Thanks! Love your site. Very informative and full of great ideas

Jennifer!

• October 2, 2012 at 8:26 pm #

Hi Jennifer,
      If you enter the entire recipe into the ketocalculator, you will see the total number of calories. Just divide the batch into the serving size you want based off of your calorie needs.

there are some natural food dyes that can be used, please ask your dietitian first! India tree makes some good colors that are all natural. You can also color Truvia to make sugar sprinkles, there is a post of them on here a while back. I also have a few different icing recipes that I will be posting in the next few weeks.

• October 3, 2012 at 12:34 am #

Peyton sounds so cute. Clara is just like her. she cannot wait to eat her snacks. She raids the kitchen when she wakes up to see if i made anything over night. =)

These are great to use as sprinkles or any other decorative use. Like you said, you can use food coloring that your dietitian allows you to use. This was a modifies version of almond based cookies i used all the time for Clara, and now that her school doesn’t allow nuts, i changed the recipe to use coconut flour. You can be really creative with this basic recipe and make many variations. Hope you have fun trying new things with them!

cupcake sprinkles
      other use (the bear is a cookie cutout)

1. Healthy Chocolate Covered Halloween Cookies - A Girl & Grey - October 2, 2017

[…] ingredients are SO particular with what they need – so I did some research and came across this recipe by Keto Cook, which I altered just a little bit to suit the ingredients I had on hand. I also decided last […]

2. Keto Holiday Meal Ideas - Ketogenic Recipes - Ketogenic Diet Girl - December 23, 2016

[…] out Cookies: https://ketocook.com/2012/09/25/coconut-cutout-cookies/ *These would be great decorated with a keto cream cheese frosting and erythritol sprinkled on top […]

3. Decorating Icing **Method of Serving Fat** | ketocook - October 8, 2012

[…] use the icing as the main source of fat.  That is exactly what I did with the cookies pictured.  I made Tiffany’s wonderful coconut flour cut out cookies that are about 2.5:1.  With the icing added on the top of the cookies, I was able to bring the […]