I made this easy 5-ingredient recipe for butternut squash gnocchi for myself today after finding inspiration from here. It was absolutely DELICIOUS! I happen to love butternut squash and I could eat this everyday. These are baked, you can not boil them or they will fall apart. The texture is soft and pillow-y, perfect for small kids or transitional foods. The key to rolling the gnocchi is wet hands. This dough is on the wet side, if you run your hands under cold water, the dough will not stick to your hands!
- Fat: 40 grams
- Protein: 10 grams
- Net Carbs: 10 grams
- Calories: 444
Printable Butternut Squash Gnocchi Recipe
Butternut Squash Gnocchi
- 62 grams butternut squash, baked until soft
- 27 grams almond flour
- 15 grams egg yolk
- 29 grams butter
- Puree the baked butternut squash in a food processor until smooth.
- Mix the squash, almond flour, egg yolk, coconut flour and seasonings until well combined. Roll the dough into gnocchi shapes a place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Lightly press the top of the rolled gnocchi’s with the back of a fork to give them texture.
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- For serving: Melt the butter in a small pan over low heat. Let the butter turn slightly brown, this will give it a much richer and deeper flavor. Pour the butter over the gnocchi’s and serve hot.