Cheese Bread

285 Calories

3.5:1 Ratio

A favorite in our house!  I will make this on occasions when we order take out pizza.

12g raw egg, mixed well

10g macadamia nuts, ground into butter

9g almond flour

16g mayonnasie, Hellmann’s

5g cheddar cheese, I used Organic Valley Raw Sharp Cheddar

3g parmesan cheese, hard block grated

Pinch of salt (leave out if you are using salted macadamia nuts) Pepper, garlic powder and dried Italian herbs.

Pre-heat the oven to 350F

Mix together the raw egg, macadamia nuts, almond flour, and mayonnaise.  Pour the batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.  Spread the batter into a circle.  You can spread it pretty thin, it will puff up while it cooks.  Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake until it is golden brown around the edges and the cheese starts to bubble.  Remove from the oven and let it cool.  Cut it into strips and serve.

Tags: , , , , ,

Categories: Dinner, Lunch

13 Comments on “Cheese Bread”

1. katenealecooper
    January 20, 2015 at 9:54 pm #

My daughter loved this. We paired it with tomato soup (tomato sauce + heavy cream). Huge hit.

• January 20, 2015 at 10:35 pm #

Fantastic! So glad you found a recipe she likes.

2. April 11, 2014 at 2:06 pm #

This sounds (and looks) DELICIOUS!

3. January 2, 2014 at 4:11 pm #

My 7 year old daughter has been on the diet for over a year and I just found this recipe…she LOVES it!! We even created a delicious breakfast version using the bread base and replacing the cheese with strawberries, cream cheese and truvia. I put half the truvia in the bread and baked it then topped with the strawberries, cream cheese and remaining truvia (all mashed together) creating a breakfast crepe.

• January 5, 2014 at 4:03 am #

So glad she loves it! What a great idea for a breakfast version. Thanks for sharing!!!

4. Arnav
    June 27, 2013 at 12:26 am #

I am totally confused on what 12 g raw egg, mixed well means. Does that mean I crack and egg, mix the egg white and yolk together and then measure out 3 teaspoons?

• June 29, 2013 at 4:48 pm #

Yes it does! Raw egg, mixed well means both the yolk and white mixed together, then measured. Hope that helps!

5. Melissa
    January 10, 2013 at 1:45 am #

My daughter loves this. What appliance do you use to grind the macademian nuts? Do you have a substitute for macademian nuts? her twin is allergic. Thanks

• January 13, 2013 at 4:51 pm #

I grind macadamia nuts into a smooth butter using a food processor. Just put them in and let it run until they are smooth, don’t add any water or oil!. You could use any other nut butter or flour in place of the mac nuts, the ratio will be different.

6. Shandii
    July 8, 2012 at 6:12 am #

Are you able to tell me how much in maybe tsp and tbsp rather than grams, conversions are trying to tell me that 12g of egg = 3 tsp of egg and that can’t be right :/

• July 8, 2012 at 6:23 am #

Hi, Each teaspoon (tsp) of raw egg mixed well is approximately 4g, So 3 teaspoons is correct. Please don’t confuse this with tablespoons (tbsp) which would be about 15g each. Don’t worry if you think it is too little egg, it is just enough to bind it together. Feel free to e-mail if you have questions! ketocookmail@gmail.com

7. kristin ayres
    May 17, 2012 at 2:20 pm #

We love this! I even use this as sandwhich bread for a peanut butter and butter sandwhich. Thanks so much for your ideas. I am ADHD bad and have a hard time coming up with ideas because my head is going full speed and I end up making things hard on myself.

8. Jordan
    April 29, 2012 at 10:53 pm #

My son will be starting keto at the end of May. I am not to fond of the kitchen so all the ideas you and others share is amazing!!! We will be using all of them!!!!!