Cacao Powder is slightly different than traditional cocoa powder. It is a healthier option since it is less processed, retains it’s natural fiber content and is loaded with antioxidents. Please adjust the sweetener to your taste. To make a higher ratio hot chocolate, simply use more heavy cream and less water. You can also reduce the carbohydrate by using full fat, unsweetened coconut milk in place of the heavy cream, of course this would be great for those who prefer dairy free options as well!
7 grams (1/2 tablespoon) Cacao Powder, Navitus Naturals
41 grams (3 tablespoons) 36% heavy cream
3 grams (about 1 packet) Truvia
Tiny pinch of salt
- First, add the heavy cream to your serving mug. Fill the mug almost to the top with water, this will ensure you have a full mug of hot chocolate.
- Next, combine all ingredients including the heavy cream and water in a small pot. Heat over medium low heat until cacao powder is dissolved and the hot chocolate is hot. Use a whisk to vigorously stir the contents together.
- Pour the mixture back into the mug and serve immedietly.
- In June, I’m at KetoCon in Austin, TX. Visit me at the Charlie Foundation booth.
- Look for updates and new recipes soon! You can also find my recipes at the Charlie Foundation.